Luckily, some people want to make the world a better place for kids–me and my publisher!
The same company that will publish Abigail Bindle and the Slam Book Scam is putting together an anthology (which means a collection of short stories) for readers like you.
If you want to be a writer, you can follow the submission guidelines below (with parent/teacher help) to have your short story considered for the anthology. You can also share this information with anyone you know who wants to be a writer (like a parent, a teacher or a coach).
- Short stories can be from the point of view of the bully, the bullied or the bystander (the person who watches the bullying happen.)
- Stories should be under 2,500 words and have a complete story arc (which means a beginning, a middle and an end) that shows how the characters deal with bullying in the right way.
- Stories must be received by February 15th to be considered for the anthology.
- Stories should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “bully anthology” in the subject line.
- If your story is picked for publication, your parents will need to fill out a form. No payment will be made for your story, but if it gets published, you will receive a free copy of the anthology.